Coxsackie Grasslands - Access issues

Richard Guthrie

We, the birding community and the general public, are entitled to unfettered access to the Coxsackie Creek Grasslands Preserve which is at the cul-de-sac end of Houghtaling Road in New Baltimore/Coxsackie, The Greene County. .

I was told by a security guard that I was on private property and had to leave.

Of course, he was wrong.

We are going to pursue this to clear up this bit of misinformation.

My question is: While attempting to visit the preserve have you ever been approached by security and told to leave? .

I think it was a one time incident by a temp. guard (it was 4th of July holiday afterall).

I just want to see if any others had run into this problem.

Rest assured, you may visit the preserve anytime,

  --
Richard Guthrie
Board Member - The Greene Land Trust