HMBC Field Trip reminder- Sat., May 11 & Sun., May 12

trwdsd

Saturday, May 11, BIRDS & BREAKFAST AT FIVE RIVERS EEC (Albany County; morning)

Coordinators:Tom & Colleen Williams 518-857-2176 trwdsd@...

Our annual celebration of spring migrants will be held at Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, located along Game Farm Rd. in Delmar. The center has an excellent trail system through a variety of habitats. You can expect to see and hear many resident and migrant species, including warblers, thrushes, vireos, and orioles, along with a few waterfowl and herons. A typical year results in about 70 species; a good year for migrants can top 80!

An early group will meet in the parking lot at 6:00 a.m. Additional groups will leave at 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. You may join one of these groups or go out on your own as we try to find as many species as possible. We’ll rally at the new Visitors Center at 10:30 a.m. for coffee, bagels, fresh fruit and a list compilation. The breakfast is free, but donations are welcomed!

Sunday, May 12, VISCHER FERRY NATURE AND HISTORIC PRESERVE (VFNHP) MIGRANTS (Saratoga County; morning)

Coordinators:Gregg Recer and Cathy Graichen 518-330-4552 (GR, c)  gregg.recer@...

This is one of the club’s most popular spring trips. We will explore this varied site for warblers and other songbirds as well as marsh species including herons and rails.

Meet at 7:30 a.m. at the VFNHP main entrance, at the intersection of Riverview and Van Vranken Rds. in Clifton Park.