Purple Martin, Lions Park Niskayuna- 4/17

trwdsd

This morning I observed what I presume is the same male Purple Martin found by Craig D. yesterday at Lions Park in Niskayuna. The bird was flying around the marsh pond that is split by Rosendale Rd. about 1/4 mi. west of the parking lot at Lions Park. It could be viewed at a distance from the bike path, with the patience and vertigo that accompanies tracking a swallow in flight. There was also a Barn Swallow and several Tree Swallows flying with the martin, the size difference was quite evident. There were also two snazzy Yellow-rumped (Myrtle) Warblers singing as they foraged in the brushy swamp behind the gazebo near the parking lot.

Tom Williams
Colonie