Re: eBird Report - 147 Church Avenue, Ballston Spa, Jun 25, 2018

Ronald Harrower

On Jun 26, 2018 5:04 PM, ebird-checklist@... wrote:

147 Church Avenue, Ballston Spa, Saratoga, New York, US
Jun 25, 2018 1:45 PM - 2:55 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     I sat in my backyard talking to my neighbor about this and that. As always, I noted bird sounds as we were talking. It was Blue Jays, House Finches, Blue Birds, Mourning Doves until all of a sudden, it was Red-shouldered Hawk, which got both of our attention. First one, then another broke the horizon and soared, calling loudly over both of our yards and Saint Mary's Cemetery and woods behind. They were very active for 15 minutes then sporadic until i needed to be elsewhere. Very cool, as I have not heard or seen them here.
21 species

Great Blue Heron  1     Flying past
Turkey Vulture  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  2     Calling loudly and soaring
Mourning Dove  9
Chimney Swift  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1     On tree by my house as last week
Northern Flicker  1
Blue Jay  3
American Crow  3
Black-capped Chickadee  2