HMBC field trip summary- Amy's Park

trwdsd

Seven birders spent about three-and-one-half hours exploring this Lake George Land Conservancy property this morning. We spent most of our time in the northern section of the park, on various trails in the forested areas surrounding the North Pond. It was quieter than we expected for that time of day, in fine weather, and many more birds were heard-only than seen well. After much positioning and perseverance, we were able to get nice views of a singing Canada Warbler on his territory. A Northern Parula was singing higher in the canopy in the same area. Black-throated Blue Warbler was the most common warbler we encountered, with at least four heard singing in separate locations. A complete list of the birds observed can be found here:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46422930

A description of the property and trail map can be found here: http://www.lglc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AmysPark_3FOLD_201608.pdf

Thanks to everyone who turned out for the trip, and especially to Steve and Bob for getting us on the Canada Warbler. We hope to see you all on future trips!

Tom and Colleen Williams

Colonie