Saratoga County 5/9

Lindsey Duval

Having missed checking the radar at all last night, I went to Bog Meadow with only the expectation of the regulars and got quite a surprise.

While thinking about how I'd really like to see a WILSON'S WARBLER a male one sang from a nearby bush and gave great views.

Things didn't really get good until I got into the woods. There I had 5 MAGNOLIA WARBLERS, 4 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS, a BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER, 10 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS, 2 CAPE MAY WARBLERS, a NORTHERN PARULA, and a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER. Further down I had 2 CANADA WARBLERS, multiple SCARLET TANAGERS, and multiple ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS. Also back in the woods were a bunch of RED-EYED VIREOS.

On the Meadowbrook side of the trail I had a male BLACKPOLL WARBLER singing while eating, at just above my head.

I also went to Orra Phelps Preserve on Parkhurst Rd in Wilton and found a LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH (this place has a fast-flowing stream) and a CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER.

Lindsey D.