Washington Park Wednesday AM

zach schwartz-weinstein

 At Washington Park in downtown Albany this morning I took the stroller out and found a couple birds on an overall very quiet morning. The unquestionable highlight was a Lincoln’s sparrow, probably the only one that I’ve ever seen during spring migration – they seem to be much easier to find during fall (and on their breeding territory in the bogs north of us.  Other notable birds for the park were a Least Flycatcher, Eastern wood-pewee, Yellow Warbler, Common yellowthroat, American redstart, and probable Blackpoll Warbler.  Several ruby-crowned kinglets are still hanging around.  The park is about to become unbirdable this weekend due to the tulip festival.