Knickerbocker rd Orchard orioles White-crowned sparrows

David DiSiena

Knickerbocker rd was quite birdy this morning. Along the course were numerous yellow warblers a few wood thrush and a few brown thrasher, as well as a single Savannah sparrow a lone ruby-crowned kinglet and a singing rose-breasted grosbeak. At the intersection of the rd and the Hoosic I found a peregrine and a green heron. A few bank and many barn swallows were perched on the wires just after the peregrine if one were heading east on the road. Around the mansion I again found some white-crowned sparrow and a few male orchard Orioles. This road has been quite productive for me, I recommend an early morning or evening trip down it.

David DiSiena