Birding Challenge--Schoharie and Delaware Cos.

Andy Mason

Folks--

See below for an upcoming birding event at three local state parks in Schoharie and Delaware Cos.

Andy Mason

The Greater Mine Kill Birding Challenge, May 19-20, 2018

 A 24+ hour competition to count the greatest number of bird species by sight or sound in our three local State Parks:  Mine Kill State Park, Max V. Shaul State Park and the John Burroughs Memorial Historic Site.  The competition will kick off at 7am on Saturday, May 19, and culminate at 11am on Sunday, May 20 with the kick-off of Mine Kill State Park’s Spring Bird Festival.  Winners will be announced at the festival.  Prizes will be awarded in both Youth (15 and under) and Adult Classes!

 Pre-register now to receive your official bird checklist, or register at Mine Kill State Park Saturday, May 19, between 7am and 11am.  Then go out and count as many bird species as you can in the 24+ hours till the start of Mine Kill’s Spring Bird Festival!  There is no entry fee for this challenge.  To pre-register, simply email minekillsp@... and request an official Greater Mine Kill Birding Challenge checklist.  We will also send maps if you aren’t too familiar with our parks.
--
Andrew Mason
1039 Peck St.