Snowy Owl, SNHP, Stillwater, NY

Scott Varney

Received a second hand report of a Snowy Owl from a teacher-friend today of a Snowy Owl found on Route 4 in Stillwater near the entrance to Saratoga National Historical Park today on his way into work. He was so excited about seeing his first ever Snowy Owl and provided awesome details about his observations. He couldn't wait to tell me about it at school this morning! It was one of those fantastic moments when you realize that our inner bird-nerd has affected our friends around us! I was elated to hear him tell his story with so much enthusiasm...and another birder is created!

Happy birding,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY