Owls eBird Report - Plum Rd., Ft. Edward, Jan 10, 2018

Ronald Harrower

Plum Rd., Ft. Edward, Washington, New York, US
Jan 10, 2018 1:25 PM - 2:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
Comments: Having heard that there were 2 Snowy Owls in Ft Edward Grasslands area, I headed up and found two people looking at something I assumed to be a Snowy Owl on Plum Rd. It turned out to be a Grey Phase Screech Owl sunning and napping. Did not find Plum Rd/CR46 Snowy, but Laurie showed me where the other was on rte 42 at the observation post. Saw the owl and learned a lot about the good work being done for the grasslands, birds and people
8 species

Red-tailed Hawk 3
Rough-legged Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 4