eBird Report - Field Birds Rte 39, Bacon Hill, Jan 8, 2018

Ronald Harrower

Rte 39, Bacon Hill, Saratoga, New York, US
Jan 8, 2018 12:29 PM - 12:49 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
Comments: Stopped to check out long manure spreading on rte 39 near rte 40 and Williams Lane (the latter had hundreds of field birds last year.) Horned Larks were everywhere and a flock of 75+ Snow Buntings was flying around in the filed and coming to the roadside. I took many photos in hope of finding a Lapland Longspur. Alas none, but I dd coin a new psychological term, Eremophilaalpestriscopophobia, the fear of being stared at by Horned Larks. In reviewing photos, I found many looking directly at me. If you suffer from such an affliction, you may want to avoid!
3 species

American Crow 80
Horned Lark 350
Snow Bunting 75