Snowy Owl, Albany Airport/Hockey

Liz C

Went to the observation deck at the airport to see the reported snowy owl near runway G, and I *think* I saw it, and one harrier. Decided to swing by the adjacent hockey facility on the way home and was surprised to see a Snowy Owl sitting right there on the roof. There were kids in the snow playing right beneath it, the owl was definitely watching them. It eventually flew over the airport fence (very fuzzy feet) and toward the control tower. Photos on eBird. Unfortunately the sun was dropping behind a hill off to the right, so the lighting wasn’t great for photographs, but hey, I got to see another SNOWY OWL, very very happy.

Liz Curley