New Year's Day Bird Count at Five Rivers EEC- summary

trwdsd

Approximately thirty birders braved the frigid weather at Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar this first morning of 2018, and recorded thirty-one species, including a Merlin that blasted across the parking lot in pursuit of a Cooper's Hawk as our group was dispersing. Other notable species observed included Northern Flicker, Brown Creeper, Golden-crowned Kinglet, and Winter Wren. Many thanks to the staff at Five Rivers for hosting this fun annual event once again, and especially to Kitty Rusch and director "emeritus" Craig Thompson for leading our two groups.

Tom Williams
Colonie