Saratoga Lake - White-winged Scoters, Long-tailed Ducks, etc.

jhershey2

Late this afternoon I checked on Saratoga Lake at Brown's Beach, the pump house, Silver Beach (quick drive-through without using scope), Riley's Cove, and the entrance to Manning Cove Rd.  Most all the interesting birds were seen from Riley's Cove.  I had 5 Long-tailed Ducks, 11 White-winged Scoters, 3 Red-breasted Mergansers, and at least 10 Common Loons.  The lake was relatively calm and without glare so these birds were fairly easy to find. I had some assistance from Stacy R. and a gentleman whose name I've already forgotten.  My apologies.

John H.