eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Oct 12, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US
Oct 12, 2017 9:25 AM - 12:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Started out very cool and breezy. Had first flock of birds within 40 feet. Lots of Kinglets (both kinds, YR Warblers, and Chickadees with Tufted Titmice. Farther on were loads of White-throated Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers and Kinglets galore. Was cool to hear Roughed Grouse drumming and to encounter at least one Grey-cheeked Thrush. Still some butterflies, garter snakes, frogs and dragonflies along with amazing colors in foliage. I may feel terrible, but the surroundings bring my spirits up
31 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 18 Flew through
Mallard 2
Ruffed Grouse 1 Heard drumming just before 3/4 mile bench. Heard on way out and on way back.
Turkey Vulture 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 4
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 2
Fish Crow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 9
Tufted Titmouse 5
White-breasted Nuthatch 3
Golden-crowned Kinglet 7 Finally got some photos of these guys. They sure move around quickly!
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 17
Eastern Bluebird 1
Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's Thrush 1
Hermit Thrush 1