Peregrine Falcon. eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Oct 3, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US
Oct 3, 2017 8:36 AM - 11:21 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Around 55 degrees to start, lots of sun and light breeze. Only one quick bust of activity just beyond the 3/4 mile bench.
39 species

Canada Goose 340 160 geese on the pond and at least 180 more flying over regularly
Gadwall 2
Mallard 12
American Black Duck 3
Northern Pintail 1
Green-winged Teal 2
Ring-necked Duck 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Mourning Dove 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 5 3 together on the trail just before the big bridge
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Peregrine Falcon 1
Eastern Phoebe 3
Blue-headed Vireo 3 Came right down to see who was pishing and got so close that I couldn't focus my camera.
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 9
American Crow 4
Black-capped Chickadee 13
Tufted Titmouse 5
White-breasted Nuthatch 6
Brown Creeper 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 4
Eastern Bluebird 1
American Robin 4
Gray Catbird 3
Cedar Waxwing 2
Magnolia Warbler 1
Palm Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 7
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
White-throated Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 4
Swamp Sparrow 6 4 were on top of a bush and dove in unison. Pretty cool
Red-winged Blackbird 35 females were more obvious this time, hanging out and chasing each other in bushes and reeds
American Goldfinch 4

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39554295