Hawks on the move, Thacher Park

Naomi Lloyd

Following a cold front and brisk NW winds, the Thursday birders headed up to the Helderbergs to hawkwatch. The big Broadwing movement is over, but we saw all three local falcons - Kestrel, Merlin, and Peregrine, both Black and Turkey Vultures, and Ospreys. In the hawk category we found Sharpie, a pair of Cooper's, resident Redtails, and one Red-shouldered Hawk. Only a few passerines, most notably Yellow-rumped Warblers. Flocks of Canada Geese flew south and, surprisingly, north.

Here is the eBird list for today - feel free to make additions, deletions, and add photos.

Naomi Lloyd
West Sand Lake