Wilton Wildlife Preserve Warblers

Susan

Tom and I went to the Wilton wildlife preserve on Scout Road and took the blue trail from the parking lot. We hit the jackpot near the field just before the blue trail turns left with birds flying around like crazy. The first group consisted mostly of Pine and yellow-rumped warblers and sparrows (chipping, field and white-throated). Chickadees, flickers and yellow bellied sap suckers were mixed in with this group. Once they move on, second more, interesting group of warblers came in. This group consisted of parulas, magnolias, black-throated greens, and blackpoll warblers , along with ruby-throated kinglets. I've had very good luck with this area over the past few years.
Susan Beaudoin