Warblers, new trail, new eBird group - Vischer Ferry

Naomi Lloyd

The Thursday group tried out the new trail at Vischer Ferry, starting out beneath the Twin Bridges and connecting up with the main trails after about 1/5 miles of canal-side walking. The new trail has Mohawk river access, a view over Wager's Pond, and lots of cattail and and reed habitat that will probably be good for rails etc in spring. I look forward to exploring it more.

We ran into a couple of migrant flocks tallying up eight species, including BT Green, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, N Parula, Yellow, and Yellow-rumped. Other sightings included Red-eyed and Warbling Vireos, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and the Woodpecker six-pack.

I've created an eBird account just for the Thursday group called, unsurprisingly, HMBC Thursday Group and I'll be posting our observations there. If you want to share them so you can make your own additions or deletions, drop me a line. This week:

Naomi Lloyd
West Sand Lake