Re: Fw: Destination This Week

scottjstoner

Please be advised that you cannot get from the Riverview road entrance to clutes dry dock to the new towpath. It is on the other side of the water.

-------- Original message --------
From: "naomi lloyd naomi_kestrel@... [hmbirds]" <hmbirds-noreply@...>
Date: 9/20/17 4:21 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Hudson Mohawk Bird Club <hmbirds@...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Fw: Destination This Week

Hi, All,

I'd like to explore the newly opened section of hike/bike path which has been extended from Towpath Rd.,
Halfmoon to the Clutes Dock area of Vischer Ferry N&HP, without walking the 3 miles or so both ways. The new
addition apparently offers access and views of Wager Pond and the Mohawk and has gotten
favorable comments from those few who have already explored it.

Let's meet at 8:00 a.m. at the Whipple Bridge entrance to the preserve, corner of Riverview and VanVranken
Rds. and stash cars at Clute's Dock and The Tow Path Rd. parking area at the old Clamsteam
Tavern site of the Sandhill Cranes of a few years ago. We can carpool between the two sites and skip a round trip
walk.

Bill Lee