eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Sep 8, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US
Sep 8, 2017 9:25 AM - 12:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.1 mile(s)
Comments: Slow bird day, so mostly focused on insects and the many snakes and frogs along the way. Highlight of walk was meeting Greg H, a kindred birder. He tipped me off to Pied-billed Grebe I missed on way in. One small flutter of activity between 1/4 mile bench and start.
26 species

Wood Duck 2
Mallard 16
American Black Duck 2
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1 Feeding on Jewelweed blossoms
Northern Flicker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 3
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1
Tree Swallow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Gray Catbird 7 5 "welcomed" me shortly after getting on trail.
Cedar Waxwing 1
Tennessee Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 1