Saratoga Spa SP - Carlsbad warblers

Lindsey Duval

This morning I went for a walk at Carlsbad in Saratoga Spa SP around sunrise and had 2 pockets of migrants! One might even STILL be lingering around the parking lot - I first found them by the bathrooms, and they had moved to the edge of the parking lot/by the main road when I left. The other had been at the intersection of the paved walkway and the side walk to get to the picnic table pile of death.

I had Yellow-rumped Warbler, 5 Magnolia Warblers, Black-throated Green Warbler, Black-and-White Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Northern Parula, 2 American Redstarts, and Nashville Warbler.

Also interesting, the dirt pile there had an assortment of 10 Indigo Buntings - the males are in interesting molt into non-breeding plumage right now. Further down the trail I had a Scarlet Tanager (female or juvenile).

Happy Migration Birding!

Lindsey D.