Re: Short-billed dowitcher, pectoral sandpiper, falls view park

zach schwartz-weinstein

Photo of the Stilt Sandpiper here:

The last record of the species in Albany was a bird at Cohoes Flats seen by Ramona Bearor in 2013, and there was a bird in 2011 at The Crossings that many people saw as well as a record from the Huyck Preserve (T. Lloyd Williams) in 2012.  So this is the first record for the county in 4 years.  Thanks to Jeremy for finding the bird and getting the word out.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM jeremybirdwatcherpi@... [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply@...> wrote:

Now there's two dowitchers, zach and I think they're short-billed. And the possible stilt sandpiper is looking more like one as we observe.