Re: Cohoes shorebirds

zach schwartz-weinstein

Naomi, John H., Lindsey and I all just saw a young black tern fly back and forth over the Mohawk at Cohoes Flats.  It flew over the dam a few minutes ago but may still be in the area.  It was not a very dark bird, but had the telltale facial and shoulder pattern.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM John Kent k2ent76@... [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply@...> wrote:

This morning at Cohoes Flats there were more shorebirds than I ever recall seeing there. Counts of Lesser Yellowlegs, Semipalmated Plovers, and Least Sandpipers were in the double digits. Also present were Semipalmated Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Greater Yellowlegs, Killdeer, and Solitary Sandpiper. They were all viewable right from the shore at the base of the path from the Clark Avenue parking area.

John Kent
Selkirk