eBird Report - Shenantaha Creek Park, Aug 9, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Shenantaha Creek Park, Saratoga, New York, US
Aug 9, 2017 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: We went to Shenantaha Creek Park this morning so Carla could run and I could enjoy nature along the Zim Smith trail as it passes through. For August, some birds were still chatty. Usual catbirds and Red-eyed Vireos but had some less common sightings. Had a Giant Swallowtail at the end of the walk, pretty cool
36 species

Turkey Vulture 3
Cooper's Hawk 1 Chasing some small bird through woods near trail.
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 7
American Crow 3
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Eastern Bluebird 1
Veery 1
Wood Thrush 1
American Robin 8
Gray Catbird 7
Blue-winged Warbler 1 Not calling, but showed up when I was pishing other birds
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 2
Chipping Sparrow 4
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 1 Doing "drink your tea"
Scarlet Tanager 1 calling, can see beginning of molt
Northern Cardinal 2
Red-winged Blackbird 2
Common Grackle 1
Orchard Oriole 1