Updated eBird Report - Lock 2 Mechanicville, Aug 1, 2017 mistaken ID on Immature Little Blue Hero

Ronald Harrower

Rich's call for more detail made me look more closely at photos that I took of the bird in flight. Though not as clearly focused, I couldn't miss the yellow feet and must change my identification to Snowy Egret. I hope it is still a bird worth pursuing.
With chagrin,
Ron Harrower

Lock 2 Mechanicville, Saratoga, New York, US
Aug 1, 2017 11:50 AM - 12:20 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.2 mile(s)
Comments: Came down to check out the Egret situation, having seen 7 two days ago. I came into view of the marshes and could see immediately that there was a smaller white wader with the Great Egrets. With long lens, I was able to identify the bird as an immature Snowy Egret
16 species

Canada Goose 100
American Black Duck 10
Mallard 65