Re: Oriole

James Elbrecht

Hehe-- They don't read 'the book'. 'My" orioles have never been
enticed to any feeder- orange, apple or jelly that I offer them. But
they [usually a half dozen or so] show up every year as the mulberries
begin to ripen.

This year a couple pairs and their young have been after the suet
feeders for a month or so.

The goldfinches seem to prefer sunflower to niger seed this year---
and none have mastered the upsidedown feeder that used to be more
popular than the right-side-up one.

Jim

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:17:38 -0400, you wrote:

I had a female Baltimore Oriole in my yard on July 25, eating insects on a
hanging plant right next to my oriole feeder which she ignored.

Heidi Klinowski
Troy