Tomorrow's destination, 7/27

Naomi Lloyd

Hi folks!
I suggest tomorrow we meet and explore a spot that's probably new to most of us - the Stillwater Schools Nature Trail. It has an expansive open marsh on one side of the path, more water on the other, and woodlands between the wetland and the Hudson. Rather like a smaller Vischer Ferry. When I was there a few days ago the bugs were not too troublesome in the woods.

Recent visitors there have heard and seen Least Bittern, including one feeding young. From there we could go on to the Battlefield. Wright's Loop has been unproductive lately, overgrown and drying up.

Turn off Rt 4 in Stillwater at the road to the school complex, and drive to the end. The trail starts at a chainlink gate. See you there at 8am!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/stillwat+er+schools/@42.9481663,-73.6386236,778m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Naomi