eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Jul 4, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US
Jul 4, 2017 8:37 AM - 10:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: With current medical limits, I felt like father time rather than a spry birder walking the trail. Nonetheless, the weather was perfect with temps in the mid 60's, abundant sunshine and a very slight breeze. Birds seemed to be about the business of simmer life and I saw many non avian species as well including Water and Garter Snakes, many varieties of Dragonfly and Butterfly, and frogs.
48 species

Great Blue Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Virginia Rail 1
Mourning Dove 4
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 5 Seemed to be a family group of 4 that I "herded" ahead of me as I walked up the trail. There was one other farther along.
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Willow Flycatcher 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 5
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 3
Fish Crow 2
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 6
Tree Swallow 8
Barn Swallow 4
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 2
Marsh Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Veery 2
Wood Thrush 1
American Robin 7
Gray Catbird 3
Cedar Waxwing 4
Ovenbird 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 4
Yellow Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Canada Warbler 1 At 3/4 mile bench area.
Song Sparrow 1
Swamp Sparrow 2
Red-winged Blackbird 8
Common Grackle 4