eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Jun 7, 2017

Ronald Harrower

Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US
Jun 7, 2017 8:35 AM - 11:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.5 mile(s)
Comments: After getting Lindsey's texts when I was in Galway, I scooted back to try and find the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher and the Grey Cheeked Thrush. I totally struck out on the flycatcher, but I did find the Grey-cheeked Thrush 100 feet closer up the trail. The walk back took forever as fatigue rolled in like fog in London
40 species

Canada Goose 25 In a Vee. I hoped for Brant, but no luck!
Ruffed Grouse 1 Drumming in the woods about 5/8 mile in
Great Blue Heron 1
Black Vulture 2
Virginia Rail 3 One near bridge, one near 3/4 mile mark and another near 1 3/4 mile marker
Mourning Dove 7
Belted Kingfisher 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
Alder Flycatcher 1
Willow Flycatcher 4
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Yellow-throated Vireo 2
Warbling Vireo 6
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 5
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 2
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Veery 4
Gray-cheeked Thrush 1 I heard call note. I played song on my phone so I would recognize it if I heard it as Lindsey had. The bird whizzed by my head and landed in a tree in the woods. Autofocus went crazy on my camera, so no photo.
Wood Thrush 2
American Robin 6
Gray Catbird 6
Ovenbird 2