Partridge Run and Rensselaerville SF field trip is CANCELLED.

zach schwartz-weinstein

Hi.  Regretfully, I have to cancel tomorrow's HMBC trip due to heavy rain expected from 8 AM on.

Scouting the two locations in question with some help from John Roosenberg this morning revealed good numbers of expected breeding species, including Blackburnian Warblers, Black-throated Blues and Greens, Magnolias, Chestnut-Sided, Ovenbird, American Redstart, and at least one Canada Warbler.

Thrushes included Hermit, Veery, Wood, Eastern Bluebird, and American Robin, and Alder and Least Flycatcher were numerous.  We didn't see or hear any Acadian Flycatchers, but it's difficult to cover such a large territory exhaustively.