Lake Lauderdale and Saratoga Lake

Susan

After reading Scott's posts, Tom and I headed to Lake Lauderdale. Google Maps took us to the Lake Lauderdale Campground, which was not the correct location. The sign for the correct location says Washington County Park and is off Rt 22. Scott's hidden trail to the left of the leftmost cabin lived up to his description. We had great looks at not only  CANADA WARBLERS, but also BLACKPOLLS.  Both species were at the end of this very short trail. The whole park was  birdy with swamp, lake and woodland habitats. There were several trails off the main road that I would have explored if it hadn't been so cold and damp this morning.

On returning home, we attempted to find Naomi's flock of loons. While we saw a couple of individuals there was no flock. We did see 5 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS from Riley's Cove and 5 female RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS from Brown's Beach. After not seeing Blackpolls for several years, I saw them twice more today, once just north of Riley's Cove and again at the parking area at the end of Arrowhead Rd which has a trail leading to the northwest end of Saratoga Lake. Also in this area was a TENNESSEE WARBLER and both BLACK-THROATED BLUE  and GREEN WARBLERS. The other highlight was a PEREGRINE FALCON flying along Nelson Ave Extension.

Susan Beaudoin

Stillwater

Lake Lauderdale
May 21, 2017
9:01 AM
Traveling
1.40 miles
94 Minutes

4 Spotted Sandpiper -together on the beach
1 Chimney Swift
1 Belted Kingfisher
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker