Century Run

Larry & Penny Alden

Jackie Bogardus, Steve Chorvas, and I did a Century Run yesterday and identified 121 species all across Albany County.

Highlights were: White-winged Scoters and Common Loon on the Alcove Reservoir, Hooded Mergansers and Bald Eagle on Lake Miosotis, Ruddy Ducks and Osprey on Basic Creek Reservoir. American and Least Bitterns and Whip-poor-will (on both ends of the day!) at Black Creek Marsh, Northern Harrier, American Kestrel, Peregrine Falcon, Golden-crowned Kinglet, 5 shorebirds, 2 gulls, 6 woodpeckers, 7 flycatchers, 4 vireos, 4 swallows, 3 wrens, 5 thrushes, just 15 warblers, 9 sparrows (including towhee), and 3 finches.

Misses: Brant, shorebirds, owls other than Barred, White-breasted Nuthatch, Winter Wren, warblers, Orchard Oriole.

Other teams who were out please report your results to me for compilation in Feathers.

Larry Alden