Tennessee Warbler at Lake Lauderdale

Scott Varney

Had an amazing day of Birding yesterday at Lake Lauderdale, thus, it warranted another visit. New this morning was a Tennessee Warbler about 100 yards from the parking lot. Vocalizations of so many birds was amazing at 8:45 am. Next to the cabin furthest on the left (as you are looking at the Lake), there is a little hidden trail that hosted some very vocal and observable Canada Warblers and Northern Waterthrush. They were completely unafraid of my presence. This location has been a real Mecca for Neotropical Spring migrants. The close views of the last 2 mentioned were absolutely stunning! I've included my ebird checklist for those interested in a visit. Get there before Memorial Day!

Scott Varney
Salem, NY

Lake Lauderdale, NY, Washington, New York, US
May 18, 2017 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Lake Lauderdale has some wonderful birdwatching trails through mixed deciduous/conifer habitat. This is the first place I have ever seen Olive-sided Flycatcher in southern Washington County of New York State.
40 species

Canada Goose 1
Mallard 2
Turkey Vulture 1