Ann Lee Pond, Coyote

Liz C

Perhaps most of you already see them in your travels, but I was a little unnerved this morning just before 10AM by a coyote at Ann Lee Pond. Thankfully it pounced on some animal bigger than a rabbit with reddish fur that kept it busy. I guess when out in the "wild" it is not unexpected to come upon wild animals, but I sure wouldn't want to be staring at a bird and turn around to find a coyote right next to me.

The coyote was so startling that it made me forget about the phantom of the opera Goose in the pond. I put it under Canada Goose, but maybe it is a hybrid, photos on eBird.

Liz Curley

Cohoes