Vischer Ferry - New Arrivals

jhershey2

I walked the 3.5 mile western loop at Vischer Ferry Preserve starting at 6:30 am.  Some FOY's for me: 1 Black-billed Cuckoo, 3 Eastern Wood-Pewee, 2 Alder Flycatcher, 1 Willow Flycatcher, 1 Blackpoll Warbler. It's great to hear familiar songs again.  Others worthy of mention: Virginia Rail, Great Crested Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher, Yellow-throated Vireo, Marsh Wren, Wood Thrush, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, Scarlet Tanager.  Flycatchers were well-represented with 3 of the 4 regularly occurring Empids in our area and 7 of the 9 flycatchers for Region 8.

John H.