Pine Bush this morning

zach schwartz-weinstein

The "eastern" section of the Karner Barrens East Yellow Trail continued to be birdy this morning despite the rain.  Highlights included Magnolia Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Scarlet Tanager, Black-Throated-Green Warbler and Cape May Warbler.  Eventually, I met up with Tom Williams and we had a Swainson's Thrush singing and a Hermit Thrush calling and perching out in the open.  (Tom also saw the Swainson's before I met up with him.)  Three Indigo Buntings were all perched in the same tree further down past the ponds, and it was interesting to hear bobolink song on the landfill.  Some photos here