Ft. Edward grasslands today

Jeff Nadler

We normally only drive through the area for winter birds but took a ride today.  We found the typical breeding birds like Eastern Meadowlark, Am. Kestrel, Field Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow, and Bobolinks galore. The high number of bobolinks was amazing throughout the area grasslands. Had a close encounter with a male northern harrier and captured this flyby shot.

The few backyard migrants today were one white-crowned sparrow, one male purple finch, and one male nashville warbler. (Hoping that Wednesday and Thursday morning with favorable nocturnal conditions brings in a huge wave of migrants)

Jeff Nadler