Albany Pine Bush

John Kent

Tom Williams and I birded at Albany Pine Bush Preserve this morning. We did the yellow loop at Karner Barrens East, and found a good variety of warblers in the area Zach described the other day. They included Bay-breasted, Tennessee, Blackpoll, and Northern Parula. Later, we went to the Madison Avenue Pinelands section of the preserve. We didn't see the Red Crossbills, but we got the total count of warbler species up to 15. One species that was notable by its absence was Indigo Bunting. The full lists are at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36832283 and http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36835145

John Kent
Selkirk