Fiver Rivers Friday Morning - vireos, warblers, water

zach schwartz-weinstein

I birded five rivers after the rain stopped this morning.  It was quite birdy in places, with numerous palm and "myrtle" yellow-rumped warblers (including my first female of the year). Pine warblers were singing along the vlomankill and the beaver pond, and the Louisiana Waterthrushes could be heard well even over the roaring creek, which is at about twice the water level of Tuesday. Brown Thrasher, Eastern Towhee, and Ruby-Crowned Kinglet were ubiquitous, and a blue-headed video was singing south of the sunfish and goose ponds.  No sign of the catbird.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM Tom Williams trwdsd@... [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply@...> wrote:

Colleen and I visited Saratoga Sod Farm and Wrights Loop this morning. As Ron H. has mentioned, the flooded field at the north end of Wrights Loop is great habitat for shorebirds right now. We saw two Greater Yellowlegs, one Lesser Yellowlegs, and a Solitary Sandpiper.

Tom and Colleen Williams
Colonie