Interesting birds, Tibbets Avenue today/ Ft Edward Hawk

roundywaves35@...

I also visited Tibbets avenue today.

 http://s380.photobucket.com/user/roundywaves6/media/DSC08401_zpsoxzhm7bp.jpg.html  (Bald eagle on the tree near the parking lot)  My camera isn't very good, so it was really close!

 I found many other birds, but I am not sure about a few of them.

I'm pretty sure there is a red-breasted merganser in the back that looks similar but different from the common mergansers.  http://s380.photobucket.com/user/roundywaves6/media/DSC08409_zpsg8flfwwd.jpg.html

Is there a  red-necked grebe in the front center, just behind the common merganser male?

Scott said that he saw 1 greater and 5 lesser scaup, are some of them in this photo?

http://s380.photobuc...q6mqpy.jpg.html

Here is another photo of the scaups.

http://s380.photobuc...bshj1b.jpg.html

Can the hawk species be determined by this photo?  I think I know what it is.  I saw it fly away(no photos), but I want to see if it is possible to identify it with just an outline for the more experienced hawk identifiers.

http://s380.photobuc...4h3ta9.jpg.html

I hope it is ok to get a little help.  I tried to get help on another site I frequent, but it seems like the experienced birders are out birding today.  I want to add these birds to my list for the Region 8 fun run.  I gave up on my gull photos I took by the Hwy 9 bridge over the Hudson.  I keep hoping for one of the less common species:).

Thanks.

Jeanette Roundy

roundywaves35@...