HMBC trips for weekend of Sep 13 & 14

idgres

Saturday, September 13, HAWK WATCHING AND SONGBIRDS IN THE HELDERBERG ESCARPMENT #1 – PINNACLE MT. (Albany County; morning)
Coordinator: Gary Goodness 862-9260
goodness@...

We’ll first explore the trails of Camp Pinnacle for fall migrants, then head out to “Sunset” the hawk watching site to search the skies for Broad-winged Hawks and other migrating raptors.

Meet in front of the bank at the southwest corner of Routes 20 and 155 in Guilderland at 8:00 a.m.

Sunday, September 14, SEPTEMBER RAMBLE AT FIVE RIVERS (Albany County: morning-afternoon)

Coordinators: Tom & Colleen Williams 857-2176 trwdsd@...

How many species of birds can we observe in one September day at Five Rivers? You are invited to help us find the answer. Come on down to the Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar on Sunday, Sept 14, 2014. Walk the trails, and explore the ponds, fields, marshes, and woodlands. Observe for an hour, or bird all day, it's up to you. Join an early group that will meet in the parking lot at 7:30 a.m. and cover much of the property in a three hour walk. You can also bird on your own throughout the day and share your results with the coordinators via e-mail. See you there for a fun day of birding!

Don Gresens

dgresens@...

(518)269-9161