Dickcissel

Jackie Bogardus <jackieb@...>

Greetings -- just wanted to let you know the DICKCISSEL is still hanging
out in the field in Ft. Edward. I went up this morning, found him
rather quickly and enjoyed watching and listening to him for quite a
while. I went back late this afternoon with a friend and although we
eventually did get a decent look, he wasn't nearly as cooperative as he
had been this morning. Perhaps it was the gale force winds which
deterred him tonight?!

I searched for a female, hoping perhaps they were nesting there, but I
did not see one. The male did, however, chase off a few other birds,
apparently in defense of his territory.

If you haven't already seen this bird, he's definitely worth the trip.

Jackie Bogardus
jackieb@capital.net

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hmbirds