Eddy/Tower Road

bputnam@...

6/13 Field Trip Report (Northern Saratoga County)

59 speices for the "official trip" - highlights: broad-winged hawk, ruffed
grouse with young, wild turkey with young, 4 pileated woodpeckers, alder
and willow flycatcher, scarlet tanager, rose-breasted grosbeak, indigo
bunting, eastern towhee, white-throated sparrow, evening grosbeak and
several warblers: yellow-rumped, yellow, chestnut-sided, black-throated blue,
blackburnian, prairie, black & white, ovenbird, common yellowthroat

After returning to our cars, we decided to go to Fort Edward to check out
the recent sighting of a rare bird in our area. We added 11 more species,
including: sharp-shinned hawk, bobolink, eastern meadowlark, horned lark,
savannah sparrow, and the rarity (a singing male dickcissel).

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hmbirds