Wilson M. Powell Wildlife Sanctuary Last

Louis J. Suarato

I'm sure many of you have been to the Wilson M. Powell Wildlife Sanctuary in Old Chatham, but if you haven't, I highly recommend it. I visited the Sanctuary today and was overwhelmed by the views provided behind a unique bird blind by a marsh and an incredible view of the Hudson Valley from Dorset Rock. Although today was a slow birding day with a few herons and a kingfisher, the area seems ideal for viewing raptors from Dorset Rock and the marsh should have a greater variety of species earlier in the day and during migration.

Louis Suarato

http://www.alandevoebirdclub.org/AboutSanctuary.htm