Frigatebird not seen again

omoo3

The Magnificent Frigatebird appeared once, immediately upwind and into a driving rain. It paused in the headwind for a few moments, shivered itself all the way down to the tips of its streamers, and then disappeared back into the mist.

I'll wait for the next observer to report on whether it was female or immature bird, since my look at its head was too obscured and all too brief.

I didn't get any impression on which way it was headed.

Afterwards, I waited and watched for two hours, but in vain.

As I already posted from the field, the bird was seen IN the City of Hudson, but certainly was also along the Hudson River. Sorry to have confused anyone.