VF 5/2/99

F Murphy <thrush@...>

Vischer Ferry 5/2/99 - I missed some of the ones Barb Putnam had but I can
add an Am Bittern calling, 10 GW Teal, Rusty BB's, one of which I tried to
make into a Brewer's - but didn't, and Yellow Warblers, Catbird, House Wren.

Moreau State Park 5/2/99 - BTG Warbler, Pine Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo,
Sapsucker. Not much, but I was there during the heat of the day.

Notes - Yellow-rumped Warblers seem to be scarce ? I usually have flocks
of them in late April but I've only seen two at a time this year so far. I
know I see the glass as half empty but this is pathetic.

Vischer Ferry is drying up fast, just like the rest of the area. This does
not bode well for the bitterns. There weere many Snapping Turtles out there
too.

The single Am Tree Sparrow at Vischer Ferry on 4/28/99 was an especially
late date, as they are reported to be rare here after mid-April.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/hmbirds