Topics

QRZ.com Biographical Database

Edited

i did another Biographical search for various Key words listed in QRZ.COM .
This is a tally of the Key word as posted by hams in the QRZ.com Biographical Database.
The first search was in Sept. 2014.....now --->   March 2017.
CW - 97,829 -----97,824.
Mobile - 57,224----20,364.
Portable - 41,618----12,894 .
QRP - 40,771----13,552 .

Fishing - 13,782-----5,202.
SOTA - 6,578----2,416*.
Camping - 6,295----2,912.
Hiking - 4,618----1,716.
Outdoor - 3,582----1,182.
Jesus - 1,733---- 711.
Pedestrian - 720 ----187.
HFPack - 1,270....53.

Pack- 2,202---730.

Almost all are surprisingly down.
*I expected SOTA to  triple.
I am not sure I believe the data but here it is.
Paul w0rw

Peter Gottlieb

HFPack really dropped off.

Peter

On Mar 17, 2017, at 10:18 AM, w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:

i did another Biographical search for various Key words listed in QRZ.COM .
This is a tally of the Key word as posted by hams in the QRZ.com Biographical Database.
The first search was in Sept. 2014.....now --->   March 2017.
CW - 97,829 -----97,824.
Mobile - 57,224----20,364.
Portable - 41,618----12,894 .
QRP - 40,771----13,552 .

Fishing - 13,782-----5,202.
SOTA - 6,578----2,416*.
Camping - 6,295----2,912.
Hiking - 4,618----1,716.
Outdoor - 3,582----1,182.
Jesus - 1,733---- 711.
Pedestrian - 720 ----187.
HFPack - 1,270....93.

Pack- 2,202---730.

HFPack- 1,270-----53.
Almost all are surprisingly down.
*I expected SOTA to  triple.
I am not sure I believe the data but here it is.
Paul w0rw

Andy

Those numbers are so far down, I don't believe them.  I think something prevents your search from finding them.

It's odd, though, that CW users barely dropped at all, when everything else did.  I think I believe that number.  Not the rest.

Andy
kb1nxm

ian@...

HI gUYS,

I'd be suspicious of the data. Maybe it's fake news!

Cheers,

Ian
VK3BFR

On Fri, March 17, 2017 4:44 pm, Andy wrote:
Those numbers are so far down, I don't believe them. I think something
prevents your search from finding them.

It's odd, though, that CW users barely dropped at all, when everything
else did. I think I believe that number. Not the rest.

Andy
kb1nxm

Bonnie KQ6XA

Hi Paul,

I just did a search on the word "jesus" in Name/Address category on QRZ and it returned 1753 hits.

It seems there are a lot of operators and locations with that word in it.

-Bonnie KQ6XA

Bonnie KQ6XA

Wasn't there a change in QRZ pages a few years ago that either dropped or required re-edits of the bio?

-Bonnie KQ6XA

George Csahanin

Bonnie, about five years ago QRZ lost a bunch if not all Bio info. Mine was lost and i needed to re do it all. Fwiw

George Csahanin
Retired
Sent from my iPhone