Topics

Portable NVIS Antenna

felix1063@...

Hello All,

Does anybody have any ideas for a portable NVIS antenna that can be put up by one person and that can be packed into a small carry on box?  80, 60, & 40 mtrs are the desired frequencies of operation.  Power - 100 watts or less.

Thank you,

--jeff

wb7aht

David Wilcox

Check with Brad Melbergh,  W8QPO.  He built several for our emergency van.  Check QRZ for his email.  W8QPO@.... When we used one for NPOTA those that stuck it out through all the rain storms said it worked quite well.

Dave K8WPE

On Feb 14, 2017, at 2:04 AM, felix1063@... wrote:

Hello All,

Does anybody have any ideas for a portable NVIS antenna that can be put up by one person and that can be packed into a small carry on box?  80, 60, & 40 mtrs are the desired frequencies of operation.  Power - 100 watts or less.

Thank you,

--jeff

wb7aht

Mel Farrer, K6KBE

If you can put up a 20 to 26 foot FG pole, consider Bonnie's BBTD Inverted V.

Mel, K6KBE

Does anybody have any ideas for a portable NVIS antenna that can be put up by one person and that can be packed into a small carry on box?  80, 60, & 40 mtrs are the desired frequencies of operation.  Power - 100 watts or less.

Thank you,
--jeff
wb7aht

Ken

The Buddipole can be configured as a NVIS antenna if you have access to one.

Ken, NT7K